Wednesday, February 7, 2018

K-Mart Fog Lights

Rick Fichter; In the quest to dot all the i’s and cross the t’s, finding period correct cool headlights is always a challenge. I should say, finding the originals is easy; finding cool ones is hard. So, at the swap meet me and the Mrs., and my boy big ray went on a quest, a vision quest of sorts. Digging through boxes of automotive lights that won’t work, finding some great 6 volt ones that, without redoing the electrical config would be a royal pain in the ass, I was deep down looking for a good set of fog lights.

The bike gods had my back. Not only did I find these vintage K Mart fog lamps with this rad amber lens, (totally illegal, what they hay), but I was sweatin’ ‘em from the minute I saw them. “Uhh, how much for the tractor lights,” wanting to seem like I knew what I’d found. My number, 50 bucks tops. “How ‘bout twelve,” he says. I’m a pretty cool cuke on the outside. “Hmmm; take ten?”


“Sure Boss,” he says. Holy shit, a double-finsky. I pick up a few other parts for the dyna, 16 inch apes, don’t need them but 30 bucks brand new, a vintage hatchet 1800s blacksmith; count this day a success! Fuck yeah. 

And Leah Score Too! Got the Perfect Spot For It.

No comments:

Post a Comment