Saturday, February 10, 2018

Super B Score

Rick Fichter: On a trip to one of my faithful parts guy Tom, down in South Jersey, I was after parts for a vintage Super B Carb I had floating around. Tom’s a cool old biker who lives a simple life with a storage shed that’s a picker’s dream. When I got there, Tom pulled a steamer trunk from underneath his stash of like 15 Super Bs in all different states. I found three or four good ones, a couple of floats and bowls that I needed to rebuild mine and then I found a cool one with a velocity stack air cover from a vintage race bike that he used to run Super Bs on. I figured I could probably reuse it with a couple of modifications. “I’ll let your legend live on, Tom.” 

I got all of these for a sweet little price I couldn’t pass up, so now I have a whole hive of Super Bs to rebuild, or maybe who knows, already ready to go. I won’t know shit until I crack them open, but that’s another day. Kinda can’t wait, want to get busy now, but I've got to get the ’66 done. Man, my mind is racing, like I want to break away from the ’66 to get started on the ’74 (and dont get me started on my new 61!). I just know how bitchin’ the Super B looks on the bike. I mean, they’re a bitch to kickstart when they're cold, but that bike lore, man. The way it’s supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment